A paternity case arises when parents who were never married to one another have a child together.  Paternity issues may involve adding a Father to a birth certificate, establishing a Parenting Plan to determine how the parties will make decisions affecting the child or children, establishing timeshare schedule for the parents and child or children; and calculating the parties’ child support obligation to financially support their minor child or children.

Post judgement modification actions

There may be occasions when parties need to modify an existing Final Judgment.  Modification actions may include requested changes to the Parenting Plan and time-share schedule; recalculation of child support or alimony obligations.  Modification actions are requesting that the Court change an existing order and essentially re-open your case.

Post judgement enforcement actions

There may be occasions when a party is not abiding by the directives in a court order.  In these cases, a party may need to enforce the terms of the order. An enforcement action does not seek to change an existing order.  An enforcement action seeks to enforce or to obtain compliance with a court order.

Equitable distribution

As part of a divorce action, the Court must identify marital and non-marital assets and liabilities.  The property division will distribute the property to each of the parties based upon a fair distribution.  The Court must begin with the premise that the distribution should be equal, unless there is a justification for an unequal distribution based upon all relevant factors such as the contribution to the marriage by each spouse, including the contribution to the care and education of the children and services as homemaker; economic circumstances of the parties the duration of the marriage, interruption of personal careers or educational opportunities of either party; spousal contribution to the other spouse’s career, etc.

Fort Myers family law firm

Are you struggling to get through complicated divorce proceedings? Are you trying to co-parent or establish a timesharing schedule with the other parent?  Leah Meshelle Snyder, P.A., has been helping families through the stress and complexity of family law cases for over 20 years.  Her knowledge and experience have helped clients put the pains of a family law dispute behind them so that they can move forward.  Call Meshelle today for your own personal consultation.

Contact Us

Schedule Your Consultation

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

Hey, your browser is out of date!

We've noticed you're currently using an old version of IE.
We really recommend you update your browser.